British Flowers Week
It's British Flowers Week! We grow lots of varieties of flowers on our Shropshire farm where we then dry them to make gorgeous confetti. As British flower growers we're proud to tell everyone about the benefits of buying British!
Why buy British Flowers?
- British flower farms help support biodiversity and British wildlife. They provide food and habitat to a huge variety of butterflies, bugs, and bees.
- Here at Shropshire Petals we take quality very seriously, that's why we grow flowers and pick them by hand on our Shropshire farm to make sure our brides and grooms get only the best petal confetti
- Buying British flowers means less air miles, and less of a carbon footprint on the environment
- Knowing where your flowers come from is key to sustainability and accountability, with British flowers you can see exactly where the flowers have come from
- You are supporting local industry and supporting British farms
Growing British Flowers
We've been growing flowers for over 30 years! We grow lots of different flowers and varied colours on the Shropshire Petals farm including delphiniums, cornflowers, calendula to name just a few. We are always testing out new flowers too.
This year we are aiming to harvest 850,000,000 petals all by hand! Our British grown petals are mostly used for throwing over the newlyweds on their wedding day. All our petals are eco-friendly, biodegradable, natural and dye-free.
To celebrate British Flowers Week we're giving away 50 handfuls of our newest confetti mixes each day this week. Head over to our Instagram to enter! You can enter every day too to increase your chance of winning.
Next time you buy flowers or consider your wedding confetti make sure to choose British grown flowers!
Love SP xx